Disable Subscribe button on home page

Ghost version 3.0.2.
I have a Subscribe button on the home page of my blog and it was a toggle switch at some point in the Ghost admin. People could sign up and their email would be collected. Currently, the button is still there but it now returns a 404. The toggle in the admin is gone as well. How could I disable this?

Thanks.

Update: Opened a Github issue here: Subscribe button still on home page · Issue #11343 · TryGhost/Ghost · GitHub

Edit!

See response below

We’ve had a couple of similar reports - the subscribers labs flag should have started returning false in 3.0, but it hasn’t worked for everyone.

There’s a fix in master that should make it more robust. Will go out with the next release.

Note this assumes that your theme was using {{#if @labs.subscribers}}{{/if}} to wrap the icon - if it wasn’t, then it should do that :slight_smile:

I think I have a related problem and just want to confirm it will also get fixed by the next release. In the footer of each page I had a subscribe form for people to add themselves to the mailing list. Since upgrading from v1 to v3 it’s no longer there.

{{#if @labs.subscribers}}
{{subscribe_form 
form_class="subscribe__mailing__list-form" 
input_class="subscribe__input" 
button_class="subscribe__button" 
placeholder="Your Email Here"}}
{{/if}}

This is subscribe_form.hbs in partials/

<form method="post" action="{{action}}" id="{{form_id}}" class="{{form_class}}">
    {{! This is required for the form to work correctly }}
    {{hidden}}

<div class="form-group{{#if error}} error{{/if}} subscribe__input-wrapper">
        {{input_email id=input_id class=input_class placeholder=placeholder value=email autofocus=autofocus}}
    </div>
    <div class="subscribe__button-wrapper">
        <button id="{{button_id}}" class="{{button_class}}" type="submit"><span>Subscribe</span></button>
    </div>
    {{! This is used to get extra info about where this subscriber came from }}
    {{script}}

</form>

{{#if error}}
    <p class="main-error subscribe__message-alignment">{{error.message}}</p>
{{/if}}

Thank you! I’m really excited about the members features!! At the moment, I’ll just be happy if people subscribe for free though :slight_smile: