Do you use a contact form on your Ghost blog?

Do you use a contact form on your ghost blog if people need to contact you or do you just display a email address?

Forms are nothing but spam, andā€¦ who uses them? Whatā€™s the value?

Chat is the thing, try to get a chat widget on your site, FB Messenger works really well, but in EU you need a cookie banner for that

Try an obfuscated e-mail address so they canā€™t scrape your addressā€¦

Forms are nothing but spam, andā€¦ who uses them? Whatā€™s the value?

How are forms spam? Contact forms are extremely common and used on most websites. Chat is less common, and more relevant to websites selling a product or service. I donā€™t see many content publishing/blog sites with a chat widget.

Do you use a contact form on your ghost blog if people need to contact you or do you just display a email address?

I use an embedded Google Form and reply to the messages with an email address from my domain name. Example: admin@yoursite.com

I do not publicly display an email address, they are prime targets for bots that collect email addresses and sell them to advertisers and scammers. There are ways to reduce the amount of bots that capture the email address, but Iā€™ve found that itā€™s easier to prevent spam by using contact forms with captchas.

Sorry, I was saying that they get used for spam if left unprotected, and you
need a re-captcha or something AI on server side to stop bot-submits.

Bots improve the whole time, and there are re-captcha solver-farms in India with people who get paid $0.002 per re-captcha solved or form submitted. I donā€™t see a need for a pure contact form, I believe e-mail is better, with an e-mail obfuscator youā€™re good, and use throwaway/anon e-mail address.

Maybe Iā€™m wrong here, but I have never had a useful contact/lead from a contact form, always by e-mail or phone. Do you have a case where this really worked, only as contact form, not to order something or ā€œget on waiting listā€ Airtable/DB/CRM style etcā€¦

/m

I actually get a lot of useful contacts on my contact form. I get more clients via Ghost experts than the contact form, but the contact form is a solid second place.

Very little spam. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m just living a charmed life, or if my fields and layout just donā€™t happen match any of the common form services, so they donā€™t get hit.

1 Like

Just put your website behind Cloudflare. It does automatic email obfuscation for free and cookie consent too thanks to the Zaraz integration.

1 Like

Yes, I am using a form powered by FormSpree.

Iā€™ve just started using one from Letterbird. In testing it has worked well. First ā€˜customerā€™ contacts were today. I had reason to contact Letterbirdā€™s tech people regarding a clash with the Ghost subscribe iFrame and they sorted things out within hours.

I do. I use formspree. Itā€™s not my favorite, and kind of glitchy, but I can filter out spammy keywords because I did get hit with one a while back.

I am using Form with the help from Tally. It help me to reduce spam

I am seizelead for the same, It also got popup.

I am using formspree - works fine also.