Editorial Calendar

Is there a way to see the post in an editorial calendar view? Is there a tool or plugin, etc for that such functionality? Thanks!

Just adding a plus one to this. Iā€™d love to be able to see, in a calendar view, what posts are scheduled for whenā€¦ My use case is Iā€™m running a daily newsletter.

It would be good if there was a way to have different colour coding for the different tiers too (free vs paid)

Moved this into the Ideas topic so people can vote instead of ā€œ+1ā€ replying.

Thanks!

Itā€™s tricky to get a top level overview of what Iā€™ve got queued up and scheduled by mousing over things and using the numbers in the dashboard. It would be really helpful for making sure I donā€™t miss an edition or double-schedule if there was a calendar view.

2 Likes

oddly enough, iā€™ve solved for this with a simple system of numbering posts in the title so that i can see the numbers (or dates) in list view, and then delete prior to publishing

one might also follow this approach on the right side by using custom tags that are deleted prior to posting (e.g. first draft, second draft, etc)

personally, if you are in need of a serious editorial workflow solution with calendaring, you might want to look at stand-alone applications for this, including even the free version of trello.com for columnar workflow sorting, or hubspot (free) for something more robust

honestly, my issue is that i keep tweaking and revising with somebody and we forget which was going to be published first, so we started adding 1, 2, 3 and so on in front of the titles, then can use the Preview box for simple notes (ā€˜ready to publish wheneverā€™ and so on)