Eleventy Ghost Starter formatting problems

@DavidDarnes

Two things I noticed with the starter:

1. The columns on the homepage when viewed on a desktop aren’t the same width. They vary depending on the cover photo. I’m not sure, but this might be the problem of #2

2. When viewed on an older and smaller phone than my iPhone XS Max, it side scrolls and doesn’t fit on the device properly.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Could you provide a screenshot or example of this bug? Please note that the eleventy starter is exactly that, a ‘starter’ for you to build upon and not designed to do everything out of the box

Sure… if you check out https://bershatsky.net with Chrome and then try Safari or Firefox, you’ll see that the columns are not the same width. They vary. Chrome and Safari aren’t even, but Firefox is. I’m not sure what accounts for the difference of alternating width, but I would say Firefox’s rendering would be the preferred result.

Thanks!

This is an issue with long words that don’t wrap inside the excerpt area. In the screenshot below I’ve highlighted the string thats causing one column to be wider than the rest. If you apply a custom excerpt without this long link then the columns will even out :+1:

Yup… that fixed it. Thanks!

1 Like