Ghost AWS S3 'Internal server error, cannot upload image'

Hi all,

I am in the process of adding a aws s3 storage adapter to my ghost config in ubuntu. Unfortunately, I get a ‘Internal server error, cannot upload image’ error after restarting ghost with the new configuration.

I have followed this guide on Ghost storage adapter S3 and I also read the support page on the signature version for london-based (eu-west-2) buckets which I didn’t really understand.

This is my current configuration:

"storage": {
 "active": "s3",
 "s3": {
   "accessKeyId": "My_accessKeyId",
   "secretAccessKey": "My_secretAccessKey",
   "region": "eu-west-2",
   "bucket": "arn:aws:s3:::my-bucket-name",
   "forcePathStyle": true,
   "signatureVersion": "v4"
 }
},

Is this an error related to the signature version? how do I solve it? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I found this information on signature versions (see documentation here) but I still get the same error when changing the Signature Version to AWS4-HMAC-SHA256 for regions that support version 4.

I even created a new bucket in Ireland and followed the guide again using both “AWS” and “AWS4-HMAC-SHA256” as signature versions but still does not work

I have Ghost hosted in AWS Lightsail and I did not have to add this step in the configuration anymore

hi @Jesus_Esquivel_Roman ,
i’m also hosting my ghost instance in lightsail, and would like to add this s3 adapter too.
per your last post, you mean you’re not even using this adapter anymore ? and have all files uploaded storaged in the lightsail instance locally ?