Ghost blog does not open in iframe

A few years back I created a Ghost theme and the demo is available at https://stretch.themeist.com/

Just noticed that the “Demo” link on ThemeForest does not work as the demo site cannot be loaded in an iframe.

The Preview Link is:

I also created a JSFiddle test at HTTPS iframe test - JSFiddle - Code Playground.

Any ideas would be helpful to figuring this out.

I think this could be a solution but need to test Overwrite X-Frame-Option on Ghost Site

@harishchouhan if you’ve used Ghost-CLI to set up nginx then the solution you’ve linked to is the correct one :slight_smile:

Ghost itself doesn’t add the X-Frame-Options header to any responses but nginx is configured to add it by default for security. It’s safe to override or re-configure as needed based on use case such as intentionally loading the site in an iframe.

1 Like

Hey, I’m having the same problem with my site.

I am getting a ‘[domain] refused to connect’ error when I try to iFrame my Ghost website into another website I have.

I’ll confess I’m new to using Digital Ocean and Ghost. Could anyone direct me as to how specifically to change “X-Frame-Options” to SAMEORIGIN?

I assume I change this setting on Digital Ocean, but once I open the console, I’m at a loss as to what I’m supposed to type to 1) check the current configuration and 2) if it turns out the be wrong, change it.