Ghost email subscription welcome page/autoresponder

What is the functionality of the ‘Welcome Page for free signups’ url under Labs > Portal Settings?

I assumed users would be brought to the page entered here after subscribing, but it’s directing back to the homepage instead.

Also, is there a way to set up an autoresponder to automatically send a customized welcome email to new subscribers?

1 Like

I’ve been looking into setting up autoresponders as well, and I believe the only way to do it is by using Zappier integrations with a 3rd party service. At the moment I’m trying to get this working with MailChimp but I’m having mixed results.

I’d love to hear if anyone has gotten autoresponders working with integrations, and if so, what does their setup look like. I’m not tied to MailChimp, and open to using another email provider.

Lastly, I think autoresponders might be a good feature to build into Ghost. I realize this might be a bit outside the scope of the project but sending out autoresponders is part of email marketing and publishing. Also, it would be great to have this feature built-in so that there would be consistency across emails.

I bought a Sendy licence, integrated with Zapier, and autoresponders work fine in this setting.

1 Like

Thanks, for the recommendation. I will check out Sendy!

I’ve been looking into using zapier with mailgun. Since we need to setup mailgun anyway, I hope it cuts down the number of outside accounts and services needed. I haven’t tried it yet myself, but I’m pretty sure the actions for that kind of zap exist. Once I try I’ll come back and update this.

Edit: Quick update. Had a quick look and it’s an option for sure.

@simardcasanova Sendly looks pretty neat. I like that it’s self hosted. Any idea if you could hack it to work with mailgun, or if that’s a planned feature? I looked around the website couldn’t really tell from the provided documentation.

@brendantko That’s a great idea! I hadn’t even thought of that as an option. Also, you might be able to copy the html from the Ghost emails so that the autoresponders have a similar look. I might try this myself when I get some time to play around. Let me know how your experiment goes.

1 Like

I’ve been using Sendy for a couple of months and so far I’m liking it a lot. It’s very tightly integrated with Amazon SES, I don’t expect hacking it would be a working solution – not to get support for Mailgun.

Maybe Mailcoach would be a better option?

1 Like