Hi! I’m hosting my site on FastComet. A strange thing started happening since I updated to the latest Ghost version. Every morning when I turn on my PC and try to access my site the Ghost instance stops and I get the 503 error. I’m monitoring the site with uptime robot and Ghost stops exactly at the time I turn on my PC.
I can’t explain this strange behavior, any ideas what could be happening?
If you aren’t running the latest version of Ghost, the first thing we will ask you to do is update to the latest version of Ghost.
- What’s your URL? 503 Service Unavailable (gamedevbrew.com)
What version of Ghost are you using?
Ghost-CLI version: 1.17.3
Ghost version: 4.9.4 (at ~/ghost-main)
- How was Ghost installed and configured?
Installed by cPanel tool, updated to the latest version by support staff
- What Node version, database, OS & browser are you using?
14.16.1 on a virtual environment
- What errors or information do you see in the console?
They said this before updating by Ghost version:
The upgrade of your Ghost installation would be possible, by utilizing a virtual environment, which supports a higher node version, and then manually upgrading the local Ghost CLI version and your application afterward.
The Ghost Publishing Platform tool utilizes the node version 10 on the server, and the latest Ghost version is not supported by that Node version. Unfortunately, as you are on a shared hosting solution, the upgrade is not immediately possible and we are still in the process of testing and verifying that the upgrade can be safely applied.
In that regard, if you would like us to assist you with the upgrade of your Ghost, please note the following will take place afterward:
- The application cannot be managed within your cPanel → Ghost Publishing Platform, until the global Node version on the server is upgraded.
- The application has to be started, stopped, and restarted manually, through the terminal with the help of Ghost-CLI. More information on Ghost CLI can be found below: