Ghost instance stops every morning

Hi! I’m hosting my site on FastComet. A strange thing started happening since I updated to the latest Ghost version. Every morning when I turn on my PC and try to access my site the Ghost instance stops and I get the 503 error. I’m monitoring the site with uptime robot and Ghost stops exactly at the time I turn on my PC.
I can’t explain this strange behavior, any ideas what could be happening?

If you aren’t running the latest version of Ghost, the first thing we will ask you to do is update to the latest version of Ghost.

And

• How was Ghost installed and configured?
    Installed by cPanel tool, updated to the latest version by support staff
  • What Node version, database, OS & browser are you using?
    14.16.1 on a virtual environment
  • What errors or information do you see in the console?
    no errors

They said this before updating by Ghost version:

The upgrade of your Ghost installation would be possible, by utilizing a virtual environment, which supports a higher node version, and then manually upgrading the local Ghost CLI version and your application afterward.

The Ghost Publishing Platform tool utilizes the node version 10 on the server, and the latest Ghost version is not supported by that Node version. Unfortunately, as you are on a shared hosting solution, the upgrade is not immediately possible and we are still in the process of testing and verifying that the upgrade can be safely applied.

In that regard, if you would like us to assist you with the upgrade of your Ghost, please note the following will take place afterward:

1. The application cannot be managed within your cPanel → Ghost Publishing Platform, until the global Node version on the server is upgraded.
  2. The application has to be started, stopped, and restarted manually, through the terminal with the help of Ghost-CLI. More information on Ghost CLI can be found below:

I’m having the same problem with Fastcomet, even if my Ghost version is different:

Ghost-CLI version: 1.16.3
Ghost version: 4.7.0

And Node version: 10.15.0

FastComet support says that they don’t see any issue on the logs and couldn’t solve the problem.

Do you have this problem right now? You sent your reply the same minute as my site stopped again.

I think I broke your site after clicking on your link… the same happens some times I visit my site.

What the hell is going on here.

So every day the first visit to my site crashes it, but just the first visit.
Is it the same for you?

I think that it is random, not only the first visit.

Their solution was basically this:
“I have made a script that would check if your website is down, and will bring access the virtual environment to restart it. The script will be executed every 5 minutes, as a cron job that I have added via cPanel > Cron Jobs.”

I don’t think is a good solution, just a temporary one.

I will think about moving to another hosting service.

I am interested in this, as I also use FastComet shared hosting for my Ghost-O-Matic website.

Currently on that site I am running Ghost v4.4.0:

(Because of this recent issue I will do some testing before I update the Ghost version for that site.)

Here is my setup at FastComet . . .

For the Ghost-O-Matic site (which has been reliably up for 3 years now) I use FastComet’s Ghost Cloud Hosting:

I am on the Fast Cloud Extra Plan (so their highest shared hosting tier):

Within that hosting account I am using the Cpanel interface:

For creating (and stopping/restarting) the Ghost instance I am using their Ghost Publishing Platform interface:

I am using the File Manager in the Cpanel in my FastComet hosting account to directly edit my Ghost theme files:

I’m on the Fast Cloud Plus plan.

The last change from the technical support team was this:

From what I was able to notice, your hosting account had reached the running processes’ quota(50/50). I went ahead and killed the previously running processes, then I attempted to start your Ghost app again, but I saw the port the Ghost app was using has already been taken. So I configured the Ghost instance to work on another port.
The website is now fully functional, I’ve visited it multiple times so far, there are 22/50 running processes on your hosting account at the moment.

I can’t see which processes are running exactly (the top command is not enough), just the number on the cPanel statistics tab (and the number is not displayed in real-time).

By the way, I will monitor the website and that number.
If the solution doesn’t work or the processes limit is not enough, I will move to another hosting service, also because I don’t like that we can’t upgrade to the latest Ghost version on shared hosting subscriptions.

My Ghost installation just stopped and I had to restart it again…

I tried to visit your site after your last reply, I think I broke it by visiting it.
I am considering moving to another host, this is unacceptable that the site keeps breaking every. single. day. I’m looking into DigitalOcean now. I’m just sad I wasted 30$ on fastcomet

I’m on the simple FastCloud tier. If your site is working with zero downtime and 503 errors that means the cheapest tier for some reason can’t support a running Ghost instance reliably.
Do you have any ideas what difference between the packages could cause 503 errors every day?

I wasted quite more and I hope they refund me…

Yep here we go, this is what I’m talking about denvergeeks.

Fastcomet - 503 crash because they cannot host ghost properly. Ghost stuck on v4, or whatever. It can’t be updated instantly.

Fastcomet is a hack job solution at best and anyone running their site here is not experiencing ghost in it’s fullest.

The fact you’ve recommended fastcomet so much that it’s a first page result for a “ghost hosting” search is really bad for the platform.

If I were ghost devs, I would purge this forum of any mention of the decrepit Fastcomet!

A good alternative: