Ghost Subscriptions + Discord + Discourse

Greetings all,

I just recently made the switch to Ghost! I have a community I run on Discourse and Discord. I’m wondering if anyone knows how to add/remove members from Discord and Discourse when a new Ghost subscription is added/removed?

I think I figured out the Discord part. I can use Integromat for this. With Discourse I have yet to solve the mystery.

Any help would be appreciated!

3 Likes

Did you find any solution for Discourse, @yarobagriy?

I’ve been using WordPress with Memberful, and I’m now considering moving my website over to Ghost.

At this moment, I have on my WordPress/Memberful website my membership associated with Discourse. Paying my membership gives the user access to the private Discourse forum; when the membership finishes/when the user ends the membership, automatically Memberful removes the user’s privileges on Discourse.

I’m also trying to find if it’s possible to make the same behavior on Ghost :thinking:

I haven’t yet @krystel! So I actually developed my own custom solution that will hook up and manage it for me. So now when someone is added to Ghost as a premium subscription, it’ll add them do Discourse and Discord. It’ll also remove them if they’re removed from Ghost. Let me know if you’d like to use it.

3 Likes

Oh thanks! Yes! You’ll be publishing the hook up in open source license? If not, send me a PM so we can discuss it. Thank you!

I’d be very interested in talking about this solution as well. Do you mind if I send you a message?

Would be great if you could share with the community how you went about getting it to work :slight_smile:

Hey @yarobagriy any news about your solution? :smiley:

So I’m currently really blocked on a ton of projects and am having a hard time finishing this up. If anyone is interested in acquiring the project, please let me know. It’s about 80% of the way there and just needs a new UI.

yaroslaw.bagriy@evercodelabs.com

I emailed you! Definitely still interested in this.