Ghost Theme Config possibility?

I am currently developing a theme and I don’t know if ghost has the capabilities to let the user define some things. For example I have a subscribe-cta banner that should be visible after each post and each page but I am sure many people want to hide this.

In the documentation I only found Ghost Handlebars Theme Helpers: @config this, which is not a ghost-user facing config right? Or is it? Couldn’t find more on it, maybe someone can point me to the right direction.

There is not currently any capability for users to pass user-defined settings through to themes. A workaround could be to provide some documentation with code that users of your theme can place in the code injection fields to show/hide elements using CSS or JS. Eg:

<style>
.subscribe-cta { display: none; }
</style>

For example I have a subscribe-cta banner that should be visible after each post and each page but I am sure many people want to hide this.

You can use {{#if @labs.members}} to see if members is enabled, it’s a deprecated property but it does still work. A proper replacement is in the works.

Ah, thanks! I think using the labs.members variable will suffice for me needs! Thank you very much :slight_smile: