Ghost webhook flow clarification

Hi,

I just want to understand how the Ghost webhook works. I’ve just sketched how I understood the concept. Can anybody let me know if I’m missing something?

• Does zapier store our content to make sure it’s not published before? or is it just the time of the last update?
  • Actually how do they determine if it’s already published or not?

I’m referring to this documentation and if someone can post some sort of source code example (or something like Ghost API docs) I’ll be grateful!

Thanks. :slight_smile:

@truekasun the Ghost Zapier app does not currently use the site.changed webhook unless you configure your own webhook listener on Zapier (in that case you wouldn’t be using Ghost’s Zapier app at all). If you do that then it’s up to you to configure something on Zapier that can respond to it, check content etc, and perform any desired actions.

The Ghost Zapier app uses Zapier’s own content polling and built-in deduplication for the “New Story” hook.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the update. :slight_smile:

Do you have any idea to document or write any tutorial article on how users can utilize the Ghost webhook?

I’m curious. I just need an start.

There’s only one webhook at the moment - site.changed - which is designed specifically for the headless CMS use case where it can be used to trigger a rebuild of your static site.

Other webhooks will become available in time which may better suit your use-cases such as “post to twitter when I publish an article”.

1 Like

Well posting to Twitter, Facebook and send a push notification is the things I wanted to implement myself with a Ghost webhook. All those 3 needs only one event I guess.

However, thank you very much for the reply. I do not ask for an ETA since I know the team is up to something awesome, already. :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.