Home server install - can't access admin panel due to localhost redirect

I can’t access the blog back-end. Front-end works fine - can see the stock ghost blog posts. But can’t get to the admin panel due to it always trying to redirect to ‘localhost’.

• What’s your URL? 192.168.1.149:2368 (or with the server you can use “omv.local:2368”)
  • What version of Ghost are you using? 2.7.1
  • What configuration? Docker on though OpenMediaVault
  • What browser? Chrome
  • What errors or information do you see in the console? connection refused web error page
  • What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having? Install ghost on a OMV home server (i.e. not your PC), using the main docker image, that is on your own network. Access through any device on your network - PC/laptop/whatever. You’ll be able to access the blog from end at your server’s IP (e.g. 192.168.1.149:2368), but when you add '/ghost; to the URL in order to access the back-end/admin panel, it redirects to ‘localhost:21368/ghost’. As you ghost is not install on your computer (AKA ‘localhost’), it’s installed on your network server/NAS, you just get a broken link page.

You need to configure your URL: https://docs.ghost.org/concepts/config/#url

If you installed via Ghost CLI, it would have prompted you to set your URL. Once Ghost is installed, you can change the URL using ghost config url <url-here> followed by ghost restart.

Hi Hanna, thanks for your response.

Installations was through docker - pretty much a 1-click image installed - no ghost CLI.

How can I update this manually? i.e. where/which config file can I edit?

The main Ghost config file is the following: config.production.json (in the root of the Ghost installation).

Thanks for the tip. Only problem is - that file doesn’t seem to exist… (i’m sure it does, it’s just not anywhere logical - can’t find it. Can’t even find the ghost install folder.) Not sure if it’s OMV or the image - it’s just hidden somewhere.

Docker will likely use ENV vars rather than a config file. You’ll probably get by a lot better using an official+supported install method if you’re unfamiliar with Docker unless you want to try and learn multiple things at once :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.