Home server install - can't access admin panel due to localhost redirect

I can’t access the blog back-end. Front-end works fine - can see the stock ghost blog posts. But can’t get to the admin panel due to it always trying to redirect to ‘localhost’.

• What’s your URL? 192.168.1.149:2368 (or with the server you can use “omv.local:2368”)
  • What version of Ghost are you using? 2.7.1
  • What configuration? Docker on though OpenMediaVault
  • What browser? Chrome
  • What errors or information do you see in the console? connection refused web error page
  • What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having? Install ghost on a OMV home server (i.e. not your PC), using the main docker image, that is on your own network. Access through any device on your network - PC/laptop/whatever. You’ll be able to access the blog from end at your server’s IP (e.g. 192.168.1.149:2368), but when you add '/ghost; to the URL in order to access the back-end/admin panel, it redirects to ‘localhost:21368/ghost’. As you ghost is not install on your computer (AKA ‘localhost’), it’s installed on your network server/NAS, you just get a broken link page.

You need to configure your URL: Configuration - Adapt your publication to suit your needs

If you installed via Ghost CLI, it would have prompted you to set your URL. Once Ghost is installed, you can change the URL using ghost config url <url-here> followed by ghost restart.

Hi Hanna, thanks for your response.

Installations was through docker - pretty much a 1-click image installed - no ghost CLI.

How can I update this manually? i.e. where/which config file can I edit?

The main Ghost config file is the following: config.production.json (in the root of the Ghost installation).

Thanks for the tip. Only problem is - that file doesn’t seem to exist… (i’m sure it does, it’s just not anywhere logical - can’t find it. Can’t even find the ghost install folder.) Not sure if it’s OMV or the image - it’s just hidden somewhere.

Docker will likely use ENV vars rather than a config file. You’ll probably get by a lot better using an official+supported install method if you’re unfamiliar with Docker unless you want to try and learn multiple things at once :)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.