How does your paid newsletter site looks like using Ghost?

Hello everyone !

I’m currently working on a paid newsletter. I’m thinking on using Ghost to manage the site and the subscriptions and Stripo + Mailchimp to edit and send the newsletters (I need custom design + dynamic features in the newsletter).

I’m searching for the perfect Ghost theme and curious to discover your websites using Ghost for this purpose. Can you send me examples?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Mine is a combination of free newsletter, paid newsletter and blog, but might be useful. It’s a philosophy-by-email project, so the paid tier offers classes (with linked Discourse forum) and for the free tier, I send out weekly philosopher files. The theme is Joben theme from Biron — I’ve not yet updated to Ghost v4.

Thanks a lot for your answer @WillBuckingham. It’s really inspiring !

1 Like

You can check the following showcases for more inspiration.

I will update the theme next week (all themes actually). But there are no breaking changes so even if you updated to v4 you should be fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! Thanks. :slight_smile: I’m not in any hurry to update, so I’ll hang on until you’ve updated the themes at your end.

I know it’s unrelated with the question asked in the topic and I apologise for that, but how do you manage to keep Discourse members in sync with Ghost?

I second Aspire and Biron themes as the top two Ghost theme makers…I myself used Krabi from Aspire, which is a very popular theme…great theme and excellent support

2 Likes

As it’s only paid members (and I have very few at the moment :smile: ), I can do it by hand. So I have zapier converting posts on Ghost to Discourse topics, but for membership, I just send out an invite when somebody signs up to pay.

1 Like

I really love the Joben theme I’m using, and Norbert & co. at Biron are just really helpful.

2 Likes

@WillBuckingham thanks for the infos, the Joben theme really looks awesome.

2 Likes

I see, thanks for the answer! I’m hoping Ghost will soon have some sort of SSO capabilities.

1 Like

@WillBuckingham slightly off topic but I see that on your members only articles, you have partial preview available for anyone before it shows the “article is for community members only” banner.

May I ask how did you achieve that? I would like to do the same on my website.

That would be really useful.

Hi, Abhishek. I’m using this handy tool by @dingran. Demo: Member-Only Content Preview

1 Like

FYI @Abhishek_Prakash & @WillBuckingham
With Ghost 4.0 you have the new public preview card, you can use that to set a part of your content as public, so no need for external tools anymore.

3 Likes

That’s great to know!

That’s awesome Norbert. Look forward to upgrading Auden theme to the new version.

Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Please have a look our ghost theme collections. There have 27 Ghost themes

1 Like