How to make the Ghost official blog company theme compatible with the new Content API?

Hello !

I’m using the last version of Ghost, I’m an happy Ghost Pro user.

I’m using the Ghost official blog company theme as a starter point to create a new theme. First of all, thanks a lot for sharing this theme in open source ! :slight_smile:

https://github.com/TryGhost/Blog

It seems that this theme does not support the Content API, only the Public API (deprecated). For instance, posts in index.hbs are only displayed when the Public API is opted-in in Ghost settings.

I was wondering, what would be the first steps to adapt this theme to the Content API ? Do you plan to update it in order to make it compatible to this new API ?

Thanks a lot ! And keep up the fantastic work. :+1:

Mat

Sorry about that! I think this is all that’s needed:

https://github.com/TryGhost/Blog/commit/6ed32b52b0e397eb21656f09a86a6a5c2bb499d7

Thanks a lot @John ! This change you’ve made works perfectly ! The index.hbs now displays the posts. Thank you !

One last thing, I have a warning message on my local dev regarding the kg-card-markdown class when I upload the theme.

.kg-card-markdown doesn't exist in Ghost 2.0, ensure your theme works without it. The .kg-card-markdown CSS class is deprecated and will no longer be used in Ghost 2.0. It's recommended to add your own wrapper around the {{content}} helper and target that instead if needed.

This warning message does not appear on my Ghost Pro install. :thinking: Any idea why ?

Thank you for the info you could provide. :slight_smile:

Mat

Local installs have slightly more sensitive reporting for theme compatibility (as in: they’ll output more info for developers) vs production installs which will usually just tell you about any serious issues.

I don’t think that particular warning is anything to worry about it’s just flagging that there might be CSS incompatibilities - but we’re running that theme on blog.ghost.org and it seems to be rendering fine

Ok, thank you very much @John.
Have a nice day !
Mat

1 Like