I have given up on Ghost cause the ethos is no longer real

I started using Ghost last September and it was going great. Small hiccups here and there, but the thing worked out. After my last series release in November, I started preparing for my next which was supposed to start today. I have been writing for two months, and have content worth a month ready to go. My chain of events is as follows.

Publish on Ghost > Zapier Picks it Up > Gets turned into Mailchimp Campaign

The support for this went to the loo at some point and I reported it here.

Not a single soul touched it. Guess I was on my own. Today, I had to test the Zaps to see what the problem was and I realised, Email Html is no longer being sent which I assume is because I have no Mailgun key cause I refuse to use them.

Then I saw something that made me realise at this point that this is hopeless.

That is understandably disabled because there is no Mailgun key, but that also means that Mailchimp will only get Page HTML which is borked a.f. and since Mailchimp themselves are asses, you can’t even do a copy and paste via a WYSIWYG interface.

This broke me and just killed my psyche to do anything. My subscribers are now killing their subscriptions and a good source of income is likely going to get killed.

Third-party support here is poor and I know, there are many solutions, but this is the third solution I am using against the same problem that will not be fixed. I like Ghost, but let’s be real, nobody is going to do shit about it. People have been talking about this fix for what, a year or two, and still, Mailgun or nothing and now, we try to prevent you from using anything else.

Maybe it was an inadvertent code change from last November, but if someone in Ghost cared enough, they would have undone/fixed it.

The ethos of this now from my perspective is that Ghost is a big lie.

That is all.