I updated Ghost but can't find the v2 API key in the Integrations screen

I was about to apply an update to the theme I use (Wildbird) with a self-hosted Ghost installation, when I noticed the author updated the search function in the theme to work with v2 of the API. So now I need to find and provide my key.

The documentation says it can be found in the Integrations screen but I don’t see it. I updated Ghost and restarted my server to be sure, but nothing.

I did see one thread in here that said admin-related stuff is still being worked on - is it just not available yet? Or just in the pro version? Seems like other people are able to use it…

• Ghost-CLI version: 1.9.9
  • Ghost version: 2.14.0 (at /var/www/ghost)

You just need to click the Add custom integration link :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re right though, the docs are super unclear - will fix

1 Like

Thanks @vikaspotluri123! I was assuming it was one API key per blog, but I see it’s one API key per application… which makes sense now that I think about it. Generated one key to work with my theme and another to play around with the API in postman. :+1:

And thanks too @John - an extra line or two in the docs would make it much clearer.

1 Like

Updated! Hopefully this is much clearer:

1 Like

Much better, thanks!

When I view the docs though, I don’t see the image, just the alt text for the image. And when I try to view the image at https://docs.ghost.org/images/apikey.png it returns a 404.

Oh whoops, looks like the actual image file got lost in the commit – should be fixed now!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.