[i18n] multi-language for pages

I followed the tutorial on multi-language content for Ghost, but it does only seem to work for posts and not for pages. Is there something I’m doing wrong?

Example:
/german-blog-post automatically redirects to /de/german-blog-post
/german-page doesn’t redirect to /de/german-page
both (blog post and page) have the tag de that is defined for the collection in routes.yaml

Besides, is there any solution on how to automatically serve the correct content (page or post) based on the Accept-Language browser header in Ghost? (Otherwise I’ll try to hack something with nginx.)

And what about a language selector on the blog post or page to switch languages for the current post/page?

I created a GitHub issue: [i18n] multi-language for pages · Issue #10728 · TryGhost/Ghost · GitHub

Hey @alexschomb. The pages will not show up in collections because as stated in Ghost docs: " To display all posts contained within them on a paginated index route". Pages are not included in collections.

More details here on how collections work can be found here:

Besides, is there any solution on how to automatically serve the correct content (page or post) based on the Accept-Language browser header in Ghost? (Otherwise I’ll try to hack something with nginx.)

Ghost doesn’t respect Accept-Language header at the moment.

And what about a language selector on the blog post or page to switch languages for the current post/page?

You’d need to put that into your theme manually.

Good thread with some more information on how to organize your multi-lingual site can be found here - I18n and custom theme - #3 by takka

Hope this helps ;)

Hey @naz. Thanks for the clarification, it is unfortunate that Ghost doesn’t support multi-language for pages, but I think I can find a manual workaround for my current project. Thanks for the link to the other topic as well, I didn’t know that i18n is still under development.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.