If I'm using Ghost(Pro), do I need to setup a Mailgun account and configure my email if I want to send newsletters? Or is this automatically done for you?

Q: If I’m using Ghost(Pro), do I need to setup a Mailgun account and configure my email if I want to send newsletters? Or is this automatically done for you?

I’ve been reading all the guides on Ghost and have confused myself if it’s something that I have to do or not, these docs (and here) suggest that I need to setup an account. But I have also read blogs and in the forum such as this, that I don’t have to do anything - looking for some clarity.

Ghost (Pro) Starter Plan
https://www.andrewfeeney.co.uk/
Latest version of Ghost.

If I do need to setup an account, how do I configure Ghost whilst on a starter plan and having no access to the theme or API integration?

Or if it is automatically done for you, what are the limitations around how many emails you can send per month?

1 Like

Mailgun is included with Ghost(Pro), you don’t need a separate account. The docs you are referring to are the developer docs for self-hosters, anything related to config there is not relevant to a hosted account.

Plans are limited to a number of members rather than a limited number of emails.

If you have any further questions please email support@ghost.org where you can get direct help :)

2 Likes