Installing Ghost on Plesk

Hi there,

I am trying to install ghost on a server with plesk.

I am following this guide for the installation process: How to Install Ghost CMS on Plesk Hosting — 2021 | by Fatih Battal | Medium

The guide asks me to manually upload the ghost files in my directory (“you must get Ghost’s latest version from their website”). Unfortunately I cant find an direkt download of the ghost files.

Can anyone help?

Kind regards,
lhepp

1 Like

Fatih’s guide is what got me going with Ghost on plesk a few years ago. Alas, the change to Ghost 5 has resulted in significant problems getting it to work using Node.js in Plesk, and it seems that there are no ready solutions anymore.

As for me, I’m trying to start it up via Docker in plesk, but the problem I’m running into now is that the Ghost container can’t communicate with the MySQL server running on Plesk. What was a simple process in Plesk is now a nightmare.

Hello FirthRate, greetings from here. Run into a similar situation with the database not connecting. Did you get past this problem. Pls Have you been able to have a fix?

Same issue here, after Ghost 5

You can try asking Plesk support how connect to their MySQL database from inside a container.

One way to do this would be to launch the container with “host networking”, but I’m not familiar with exactly how Plesk managing containers and where to make that change.

This is not really a Ghost issue so much as it’s a container networking issue.

All containers can’t contact the outside world by default. You have to explicitly configure the containers so that it can access whatever network resources you want to allow it.

1 Like

The Ghost 4 docker it’s connecting to an external database, inclusive to a database in docker. I will be happy to put a VPS with a Plesk for testing with Ghost 5, if someone want to test some solution.

Hello!
PM me with account information.
I’ll write tutorial for it if I’ll end with success.

1 Like

Sure, I was not around. I will contact you now.