Internal Linking In Ghost

Is there a service or product / integration that I can use to add internal links to my Ghost blog posts a little easier and faster? Maybe like an internal link suggestion tool or something?

All help appreciated!

3 Likes

Any help or ideas on this?

You could do this with the search option at the top of the sidebar in Ghost admin :slight_smile:. This searches all your content with a speedy autocomplete dropdown to help you find content containing to your entered phrase

I think searching manually is not what they are after, I’m also after a suggestion feature built into the editor like the plugins available for wordpress.

2 Likes

FWIW, this is a breaker for me. Without this ‘rapid internal linking’ it’s much slower to create a site that is coherent and well linked.

Ping me if this ever gets implemented in ghost.

1 Like

There is a huge need for ghost creators to look into this. They could partner with certain plugin creators like link whisper etc

Its been a deal breaker for many.

1 Like

Internal linking was the very first issue I started solve out (well, first one after error 502). And I found this topic. I’m not smiling now but my mouth is wide open. I do long fact-articles and I’m using internal linking all the time. I have nice really minimalistic editor and… I have to jump off text and start digging urls?

Now I understand why Ghost sells so hardly idea where should use external editor. Sure, it is an option WHEN internal linking means nothing.

Guys — this is really important.

1 Like

Is this still unresolved? or has there been any progress here?

1 Like

Would also like to know if there are any plans. I think it is a mandatory feature.

I guess I’ll jump in here as well.

I’m trying to build a simple Table of Contents at the top of a post. I’ve been trying to get internal links to work on the page itself, and so far no joy. I’ve followed the guidance I found elsewhere, but it appears that (a) there is no good way to add an anchor tag to a place in an article, unless I write the entire post in HTML, and (b) you have to actually publish the post for the internal links to work.

I can’t imagine the hassle if I was building a site with a large number of internal links to headings and such.

This is one of the examples of the downside of a simple editor. Might be nice to a way to add functionality to the editor.