Introducing Ghost 2.0

Happy launch day everyone! Let us know if you have any questions :tada: will also be hanging out on Product Hunt today https://www.producthunt.com/posts/ghost-2-0

It’s been a long road to get here, but the end result is worth it. New editor was led by @Kevin and @peterzimon - while @Kate took on just about everything else announced today singlehandedly! :muscle:

9 Likes

Can i ask question here instead of going to producthunt?

i just want to say that the blog post is very beautiful. But how to do that? Custom html?
This refer to the circle at the image and that colorful div or section .

sorry i am just a beginner.

The launch post uses custom HTML cards within the new editor, yes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice. Thanks Sir @John

WOW nice

But what does custom homepage means? Is it only refer to " / " ?

And does Ghost 2.0 comes with default theme like the one at blog.ghost.org ?

I just saw this on producthunt

Is Apple there refer to Newsroom - Apple ?

Congrats on the launch. Glad to see it progressing. I would have loved a link to more information about “Content Collections”. I can’t find anything in the admin panel about it nor any content online. It would be super useful to me as creating a iTunes XML feed for a podcast hosted with ghost is on my todo list for this week.

How do I find out more about “Content Collections”? And the best way to create a iTunes XML feed for one of those collections. I would be happy to create an open source “app” / plugin to help others do this as well.

Collections

2 Likes

So excited to hear that. Thank you Ghost team
But when Ghost 2.0 in docker?

1 Like

@trexanhvn the Docker image is completely community driven and doesn’t have any core affiliation. Best place to keep track is directly on the repo:

1 Like

@andheiberg as @juan mentioned collections can be created using Dynamic Routing - read more about it in the documentation. :slight_smile:

Note that this doc is still being worked on but should give you a better understanding of how dynamic routing works.

For custom RSS feeds you can also define content types, eg:

routes:
    /podcast/rss/:
     template: podcast/rss
     content_type: xml

Yes right, The docker hub said it has 2.0.3 as the latest tag, but pull the ghost:latest give the 1.25.5 yet.

$ docker history ghost
IMAGE               CREATED             CREATED BY                                      SIZE                COMMENT
871648027f18        6 days ago          /bin/sh -c #(nop)  CMD ["node" "current/inde…   0B                  
<missing>           6 days ago          /bin/sh -c #(nop)  EXPOSE 2368/tcp              0B                  
<missing>           6 days ago          /bin/sh -c #(nop)  ENTRYPOINT ["docker-entry…   0B                  
<missing>           6 days ago          /bin/sh -c #(nop) COPY file:ef6da72f41bc8f60…   646B                
<missing>           6 days ago          /bin/sh -c #(nop)  VOLUME [/var/lib/ghost/co…   0B                   
<missing>           6 days ago          /bin/sh -c #(nop) WORKDIR /var/lib/ghost        0B                  
<missing>           6 days ago          /bin/sh -c set -eux;  cd "$GHOST_INSTALL/cur…   750kB               
<missing>           6 days ago          /bin/sh -c #(nop)  ENV PATH=/usr/local/sbin:…   0B                  
<missing>           6 days ago          /bin/sh -c set -ex;  mkdir -p "$GHOST_INSTAL…   298MB               
<missing>           6 days ago          /bin/sh -c #(nop)  ENV GHOST_VERSION=1.25.5     0B

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.