Ghost Publisher: An iOS App for Ghost

Have you, like me, been wishing you could edit your blog on the go, but the ghost editor says mobile editing isn’t supported? Well if you have an iOS device (sorry, I’m not an Android developer), you’re in luck! Today I published the first version of my Ghost Publisher app. It’s open source, just like Ghost, and is available on any iOS device running iOS 13 or later.

Features include:

• Markdown editing and preview
  • Image upload and Unsplash search
  • Automatic draft saving
  • Publishing options, including email and scheduling posts
  • Feature images (either from your device or via Unsplash)
  • Custom slugs, tags, authors, and excerpts

If you have any issues, feedback, or feature requests, please feel free to submit an issue on GitHub (please don’t make fun of me for my messy code) , or a comment on my Ghost blog.

Download on the App Store

9 Likes

@DavidDarnes I think this is good for Ghost users.

2 Likes

Fantastic! Many thanks! I was looking for this for many years now! ;-)

web: n0c0de
email: santosh@n0c0de.com
twitter: @n0c0de1

Nice. Thank you!

Hey!

I found this on the AppStore but the last update was a year ago. Are you still maintaining it? As I’d love to use it but wanted to check before downloading.

Thanks.
Íse

Hi @jacobsokora
I host my own installation of ghost under domain name/ghost, on a randomly assigned port. When I type in the address, your app says Ghost site not found, do I need to allow any specific port on my server?

This asks for an admin username and password. Could it use an Admin API token instead?

I’ve not been able to for a while due to restrictions at my job, but I plan to start again! Please let me know if you find any bugs :)

1 Like

I believe if your site is accessible at an address, it should work in the app. Do you access your site with the port in the address bar? I’m not sure if that would cause issues in-app

I don’t have much experience developing for android, but anyone is free to take a look at my code and try to adapt it!

Looks like it’s supported by the API, I’ll work on adding it as an option!

1 Like