JSON Export using ghost CLI

It seems my Ghost installation is hacked as there are multiple .php files and website is getting 503 error. I am able to download content folder using FTP with Cyberduck but am unable to access the Labs JSON export webpage. Is it possible for me to use ghost CLI for export? I apologize if this has been shared before, but I could not find it anywhere.
To avoid further damage, my plan is to restart the droplet on the digitalocean and reinstall ghost. I can access the database from serverpilot.io if that helps.

If you’re looking for some help, it’s important to provide as much context as possible so that people are able to assist you. Try to always mention:

• What’s your URL? https://ieos.org
  • What version of Ghost are you using? v2.31.1
  • What configuration?
  • What browser? Chrome

The malware besides creating PHP scripts slowing the PHP also deleted the configuration file. By recreating the configuration file, I was able to restore the connection with the database. Backed up JSON, content and recreating DigitalOcean droplet. :cold_sweat:

Well done for getting a backup. Are you starting over with a fresh install?

Yes, deleted the droplet even, reinstalled centOS, serverpilot and fresh ghost install 3.0 with import.

1 Like