When changing a user’s slug, the author links on their posts do not update and lead to 404’s. I have observed this on a self hosted instance on digital ocean as well as Ghost(Pro).
- URL: https://sep.ghost.io
- Ghost(Pro) 2.25.4
- What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having?
- Observe that the link in a byline of a post is `/author/firstname-lastname
- Change that user’s slug to
- Observe that the link is still
A work around is to change the author of the post, then change it back. At that point the byline link will have updated.
Is there a way to avoid the workaround or is this a bug? It doesn’t make sense to keep a link on the byline because it goes to a 404 page since it doesn’t exist anymore.