Looking for a way to add sub/child pages

I am looking for a way to add subpages.
I carefully read this documentation about URLs and routing: Ghost Themes - Dynamic URLs & Routing
First it seemed, I could use the collections, but I got stuck on how to implement the navigation. Collections also work only with posts and not pages. It’s basically the same, but having pages would be easier to manage with a lot of posts.

I don’t want to hardcode everything, the amounts and names of the pages need to be editable from the admin interface. So I need a way to generate a navigation with a second level based on tags that pages have.

Has anybody already tried something like this?
In other CMSs it is normally a built in functionality to just assign a parent to a page and create a multi-level navigation.

I use the latest version of Ghost, self hosted on latest Debian LTS.

Did anyone ever get back to you? Did you ever find a method of adding subpages to the top naviation?

This seems possible using a custom theme that makes use of the get helper to fetch content and build the navigation dynamically.

However, it seems that the “get helper” only works with posts and not pages, but they can be formatted to look the same.

A number of themes already format “tag pages” differently. You could look at those for inspiration.

1 Like

Thanks Mark, I’ll check it out :smiley: