Make newsletter only available to certain tiers (CLOSED)

I am glad to see the opt-in/opt-out feature for newsletters. I was doing this via a Google Form, and it was painfully manual.

I now have two general-purpose newsletters that go to all tiers, assuming they haven’t opted out. So far, so good.

Now I want to create a third (and more) newsletter that only certain tiers can opt into. (It’s a perk for that tier.) After playing around with it, I think I can see how to limit to whom it is sent (a combination of tier and opt-in). But, I don’t see a way to keep it from showing in the portal if the person is not at that tier. I don’t want people to have the option of opting in to a newsletter that they will never receive.

Thoughts?

1 Like

At the moment, all members can see all newsletters in Portal - the way to make a newsletter paid only is at the post level (email recipients / access). We’re considering ways of implementing paid-only newsletters for future feature developments :)

1 Like

Yes, having them all show in the Portal is the problem. I have figured out how to send them to only a certain tier. (I assume the send is further filtered by their newsletter settings, so even if I send it to their tier, they don’t get it unless they are opted in.)

The issue, as you’ve noted, is newsletter being available for opt-in for tiers that can’t receive them. It’s a non-optimal user experience. I’ve dealt with it in my welcome page and email – but still would be good if the newsletter choices were somehow shown after they had signed up for a tier (both on the sign-up page and on the Portal).

Thanks for the info!

Just adding my support here @BruceInLouisville - this is the exact situation I have as well.

The issue is not necessarily that we need a new feature for paid-only newsletters - all the functionality to do achieve what we want is already in the platform.

The issue is simply that we don’t want all the newsletters to show in the portal by default, as it’s confusing for anyone signing up who isn’t on the invite-only list.

ditto - any progress or update on this? i’d love to see a premium tier newsletter setting - and in that case, then summarize only that premium tier content