Multiple Ghost Installations Sharing One Membership

I want to write several blogs on separate topics. They don’t fit together for one site. So I would like to make them separate blogs.

However, for paying members, I would like to grant access to the network of blogs, instead of charging for each blog, should someone be interested in the content on multiple blogs.

In WordPress, I would achieve this by installing all the blogs in the same database and then rerouting the user tables to share a single one with db prefixes.

Is something like this possible with Ghost? If so, how do I accomplish this?

1 Like

You’d have to use the ghost API and webhooks or Zapier (I don’t know the extent of the control you have with Zapier) to “sync” subscribers and their subscriptions. Here’s a very candid flow:

1. User subscribes to blog 1, create new member with their email on blog 2 and 3. You would also need to implement double optin before adding them to your other blogs to be GDPR compliant.

2. If user gets a paid sub on blog 2, create complimentary subscriptions on blog 1 & 3

I hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

What was shared above does work and it’s not limited to zapier. Integromat(now make) also supports it. The only thing you need to be extra careful is that either you also listen in to any membership changes and reflect them on each blog or you allow users to selectively opt out of each one. It becomes confusing over time