Ghost Member Subscription Sync Between Blogs

Let’s say I have two ghost blogs, both with Ghost Membership enabled.

If I have them both running through the same Stripe account, is it possible to have the membership subscription sync between the two?

So, if they sign up as a paid member on one blog, would they also be able to access paid content on the other?

1 Like

Seems like a complex setup, can I ask why you’re wanting to do this? :slight_smile:

My company comprises of two parts - each aimed at a different target market, but there is some crossover (One teaches video marketing and provides those services, the other teaches video production).

I am wanting both to have a premium membership, offering courses & guides, but would like it to be one subscription, so if someone learning video production (and has a membership to that site), wants to learn the marketing side of things, they can do so with the membership they already have, and vice versa.

My hope is that because it is through the same stripe account, the data would sync up.

Is this possible currently? I understand this may be quite a niche use case haha

I see. Are you sure it should be two sites? You could use Zapier to keep the two sites in sync, but it seems very meta :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately it needs to be as the brands/marketing are quite different (one aimed at businesses, one aimed at filmmakers).

The content on the two is quite different.

I’ll give that zapier a try.

1 Like

I got it working by adding this:

// Update Nav On Scroll
      $(window).scroll(function() {
        var scrollDistance = $(window).scrollTop();
        $('.page-section').each(function(i) {
            if ($(this).position().top <= scrollDistance + 104) {
                $('.nav-item.active').removeClass('active');
                $('.nav-item').eq(i).addClass('active');
            }
        });
      }).scroll();

That seems like a very fragile solution, I would look into using Intersection Observer API, which is designed to watch elements for when something comes into view such as a heading

I’ll look into it! Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like