Paragraphs inside blockquotes (Koenig editor)

We frequently use multi-paragraph quotes in posts, and there seems to be two problems with blockquotes in the Koenig editor: (Maybe we’re just doing something wrong?)

1. Koenig doesn’t seem to be able to handle paragraphs in blockquotes natively.
  2. If you use Markdown to create a multi-paragraph blockquote, Koenig doesn’t preview it properly.

Markdown example

Markdown code

> ## The Storyline
> 
> Freja and the False Prophecy is the tale of one shield maidens journey. A tale of redemption, betrayal, overcoming adversity and self discovery.
> 
> Returning from a raid, Freja arrives at her home shore, her ship cast upon the rocks, to discover that all is not as it seems. A great malady has gripped the land. With the tragedy of lost comrades and a sunken bounty she sets off to uncover a tale of greed, corruption and sombre tragedy.

Koenig preview

Actual output (Casper theme)

(I can’t post this image because new user can only post one. Check the link posted below if you want to see what it looks like, I guess.)

Native Koenig blockquote issue

When you try to create a multi-paragraph blockquote in Koenig, it generates the following HTML when published. This happens when you paste in a block of text, select it, and make it a quote, or if you type it in line-by-line.

<blockquote><h2>The Storyline</h2></blockquote>
<blockquote>Freja and the False Prophecy is the tale of one shield maidens journey. A tale of redemption, betrayal, overcoming adversity and self discovery.</blockquote>

More info

In case it’s relevant:

• URL: Freja and the False Prophecy
  • Ghost version: 2.6.2
  • Configuration: Docker-based install (if the details are relevant, let me know and I’ll provide them)

@SIGSTART using a Markdown or HTML card is the native way to do this. What you call the “native blockquote” tool is designed for single-paragraph quotes, not to contain arbitrary markup such as headings or multiple paragraphs.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Koenig isn’t rendering the Markdown preview correctly either, though.

Should I log it as a bug somewhere?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.