Problems installing Ghost on Ubuntu

Can someone help with this? I’m trying to install Ghost on my Ubuntu, but got this

A ProcessError occurred.

Message: Command failed: yarn install --no-emoji --no-progress
warning ghost@3.32.1: The engine “cli” appears to be invalid.
warning Resolution field “moment@2.24.0” is incompatible with requested version “moment@2.27.0”
warning Resolution field “moment-timezone@0.5.23” is incompatible with requested version “moment-timezone@0.5.28”
warning Resolution field “moment@2.24.0” is incompatible with requested version “moment@2.27.0”
warning Resolution field “moment-timezone@0.5.23” is incompatible with requested version “moment-timezone@0.5.31”
error An unexpected error occurred: “https://registry.yarnpkg.com/moment/-/moment-2.24.0.tgz: unable to get local issuer certificate”.

yarn install v1.22.4
[1/5] Validating package.json…
[2/5] Resolving packages…
[3/5] Fetching packages…
info If you think this is a bug, please open a bug report with the information provided in “/var/www/ghost/versions/3.32.1/yarn-error.log”.
info Visit yarn install | Yarn for documentation about this command.

Exit code: 1

Debug Information:
Node Version: v12.18.3
Ghost-CLI Version: 1.14.1
Environment: production
Command: ‘ghost install’

Additional log info available in: /home/toporov/.ghost/logs/ghost-cli-debug-2020-09-09T10_51_02_526Z.log

Try running ghost doctor to check your system for known issues.

Hi Alex,

is your machine running behind a webproxy?

I just had the same error on many attempts to install Ghost 4.3.2 on my DO Ubuntu 20.04 instance. In the end, I found Github poster just commented that this would fix the issue:

$ yarn cache clean

It worked.

1 Like