Problems with local installation

Hi.

For some reason, I have trouble installing the latest 4.59.1 version locally.
That is to say, the installation went well, I can create an admin account but when I do ghost stop I cannot get it running again. ghost start always gives me this:

✖ Checking system Node.js version - found v18.16.0
ℹ Ensuring user is not logged in as ghost user [skipped]
ℹ Checking if logged in user is directory owner [skipped]
✔ Checking current folder permissions
✔ Validating config
✔ Checking memory availability
✔ Checking binary dependencies
One or more errors occurred.

1) SystemError

Message: The directory /home/myuser/ is not readable by other users on the system.
This can cause issues with the CLI, you must either make this directory readable by others or install node and Ghost-CLI in another location.

Debug Information:
    Node Version: v18.16.0
    Ghost Version: 5.49.1
    Ghost-CLI Version: 1.24.0
    Environment: development
    Command: 'ghost start'

EDIT: And now this - when a ghost is not running, ghost restart works, while at the same time ghost start produces the error. What’s with that??

On the same note, I don’t understand why Ghost installed locally won’t work on any Nodejs version than the one that it’s been installed with. How does one update the Nodejs on the local installation? I tried adding a newer version in package.json but with no luck.

Cheers.

Ghost still not support Node 18, use Node 16 instead.

Thank you @cuongtran for your time and effort. It appears that Ghost does support Nodejs v18.x, you can check it here https://ghost.org/docs/faq/node-versions/

Also, I’m sorry not to specify it before, the same happens with Nodejs versions 16.13.1 and 16.15.1

Try command

sudo chown <user>:<user> /home/myuser/

Replace <user> is your user

All is fine with my home dir, that’s not the issue.