Removing publication date from Lumen Theme

Hi - I’m using the Lumen theme and I want to remove the publication date from the job posts and cards.

I’ve been trying to work out the right code injection to use but have struggled with this theme.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

One of the problem with themes that use tailwind is that sometimes there aren’t good handles to modify them from. Try

<style>
article.post time { display: none }
</style>

^ to do the cards on front page

or just

time { display: none } 

If nothing happens, switch to display: none!important

To remove pretty much all date displays everywhere (which might be what you want anyway).

Hey @brightthemes , your themes look great, but it’d be really nice if you added some additional classes (without styles is fine!) to make it easier for users to hide parts they often want to hide (date, time, tags, share links, footer, etc). That’d allow users to tweak them in code injection more easily.

2 Likes

Amazing! That’s worked a treat!

2 Likes

Thanks Cathy,

I’ve been using Tailwind lately and the idea is I don’t have to think about class names, but I understand what you mean. Most sections have data attributes and can be identified easily that way. For example:

/* hiding the date from cards and job posts */
[data-post-hero="job"] time,
[data-job-card] time { 
  display: none; 
}

/* hiding tags */
[data-job-hero-tags] { display: none; }

/* hiding the share */
[data-share] { display: none; }

Thanks again for the feedback!

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I overlooked the data attributes when looking for selectors. :)

1 Like