Second site on Raspberry Pi - ECONNREFUSED

I’m trying to get a second instance of Ghost up and running on my Pi. Mostly, I think its there, but when I try to start the service (ghost start) I get:

Debug Information:
Node Version: v6.14.2
Ghost-CLI Version: 1.7.3
Environment: production
Command: ‘ghost start’
Suggestion: journalctl -u ghost_storypositive-com -n 50
Stack: Error: Ghost did not start.
at connectToGhostSocket.then.catch (/usr/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/lib/utils/port-polling.js:94:32)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:109:7)

Original Error Message:
Stack: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:2368
at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:1020:11)
at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:1043:20)
at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1099:14)

My other site loads fine and can be reached via this URL: www.corballis.co.uk

I’m pretty sure things are as they should be:

• each site is in a separate directory
  • Symlinks appear to be okay
  • nginx config seems ticketyboo

I’m using the same credentials for maria for both, though different database names

ghost doctor reveals no errors.

ghost run says:

Running sudo command: node current/index.js
[2018-05-12 09:27:22] ERROR

NAME: DatabaseIsNotOkError
CODE: DB_NOT_INITIALISED

level:normal

If knex-migrator is not installed, please run “npm install -g knex-migrator”
Read more here: https://github.com/TryGhost/knex-migrator
DatabaseIsNotOkError: Please run knex-migrator init
at DatabaseIsNotOkError.KnexMigrateError (/var/www/storypositive.com/versions/1.22.7/node_modules/knex-migrator/lib/errors.js:7:26)
at new DatabaseIsNotOkError (/var/www/storypositive.com/versions/1.22.7/node_modules/knex-migrator/lib/errors.js:19:26)
at /var/www/storypositive.com/versions/1.22.7/node_modules/knex-migrator/lib/index.js:1082:23
at tryCatcher (/var/www/storypositive.com/versions/1.22.7/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/util.js:16:23)
at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (/var/www/storypositive.com/versions/1.22.7/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:512:31)
at Promise._settlePromise (/var/www/storypositive.com/versions/1.22.7/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:569:18)
at Promise._settlePromise0 (/var/www/storypositive.com/versions/1.22.7/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:614:10)
at Promise._settlePromises (/var/www/storypositive.com/versions/1.22.7/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:689:18)
at Async._drainQueue (/var/www/storypositive.com/versions/1.22.7/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:133:16)
at Async._drainQueues (/var/www/storypositive.com/versions/1.22.7/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:143:10)
at Immediate.Async.drainQueues (/var/www/storypositive.com/versions/1.22.7/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:17:14)
at runCallback (timers.js:672:20)
at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:645:5)
at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:617:5)

Note, ghost run doesn’t make the same complaint about the working site.

I’m all out of ideas so anything anyone can point me at would be welcome.

Please read the given error message you’ve been kind enough to paste here:

level:normal

If knex-migrator is not installed, please run “npm install -g knex-migrator”
Read more here: https://github.com/TryGhost/knex-migrator
DatabaseIsNotOkError: Please run knex-migrator init

Thanks for the response.

I did that, but it still kept failing. Why, I don’t know.

I have now got past this problem. Here’s what I did in case anyone else gets a similar issue:

1. I went into the Maria command line and manually created the database for the second site: CREATE DATABASE database_name;
  2. Exited Maria: exit
  3. Exported the first site’s database, by running this command: mysqldump yourFirstDatabase -u user -ppassword > yourDatabase.sql
  4. Imported the dumped file: sudo mysql yourSecondDatabase -u user -ppassword < yourDatabase.sql
  5. Enabled the service: systemctl enable ghost_second-site.service
  6. Start the service: ghost start [from the second_site directory]
  7. Checked to see if everything was working: ghost ls

That did mean that second_site looked exactly like first, so I went into the Admin console and edited/deleted stuff there.

Note, notwithstanding that I had to set up the database manually, the correct permissions had been assigned in the user catalogue by the set up process so I didn’t need to do anything there.

I have no idea why the database setup failed, I tried to run it from cli and also tried running the Knew Migration tool, but neither worked for some reason. I suspect I did something stupid earlier on. :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.