Share button for social media in Dope (Starter Pro Plan)

I use Ghost Pro, the Starter Plan, which allows only for minimal code injections in the Ghost dashboard. I want to add share buttons for social media at the end of each post. Is there a way to do this from the code injection function or does it require external coding and then uploading the theme?

1 Like

This is possible, either using code injection or with a content snippet.

Which social media sites are you trying to share to?

Hello, thank you for your answer.
I want to add share buttons for Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin. I also want to add social media buttons for my personal profiles as these are not included in the template. The info I get so far, is to code straight into the template, which my pro plan doesn’t allow me to. Any alternatives on this? Thanks!

Hi there, did you find a way to solve it?

TheRoyalFig gave some good suggestions above that will work on the starter plan. Did you try either of them, Roy?

Hi @Cathy_Sarisky No I have not seen that yet. Could you please share the link it to :pray:t2:

I don’t have a link to share - was just pointing out the post above^^. You could do either code injection or create a snippet. What have you tried so far and where are you stuck?

Hi Cathy @Cathy_Sarisky, I somehow got a sticky social share on my site. I had to google a lot and copy and paste to see what worked :frowning:

1 Like

Sounds like you got it, then! Googling is good. :)

Yes, but it is tiring and time-consuming :frowning: