Single public page on private site

Hello,
I have a ghost instance via the 1 click Digital Ocean app.
The whole site is password protected, which I need, but I want to be able to show one single static page(not a post) which I could send to people without the password.

Barring this, is there a way to point my domain to a separate installation on the same VM? like if I launched a whole new instance on a different port, could I then set my DNS to look like this:
private.mydomain.com → 11.22.33.44:8080
public.mydomain.com – > 11.22.33.44.8081

I know that a CNAME can’t reference a port but I don’t have the budget to launch a whole new VM for one page…

Any other suggestions I can follow? (The one page I want to share should be markdown and I’ll have to edit it now and then)

Ghost does not support this. You could do this at the DNS level using something like Cloudflare.

but I want to be able to show one single static page(not a post) which I could send to people without the password.

Sure, this is a reverse-proxy question:

Barring this, is there a way to point my domain to a separate installation on the same VM? like if I launched a whole new instance on a different port, could I then set my DNS to look like this:
private.mydomain.com → 11.22.33.44:8080
public.mydomain.com – > 11.22.33.44.8081

5$ a VM. Else host one one page in plain HTML else where.

I’m not running on DigitalOcean, so I am going to assume you are running a Ghost instance and an NGINX reverse proxy in front of it on the droplet.

Whether you need a second Ghost or not depends on your requirements (I saw you mentioned it should be markdown, but there may be more to that). In either case summarized below, you can point your DNS entry to IP nginx is listening on (I would assume your droplet has one public IP). Then you need to configure nginx to separate traffic coming to the public page by adding a server section with a second ‘server_name’ that would match the public.mydomain.com

• If you need some Ghost functionality, you need to run a second Ghost instance on a different directory and port.
  • If your requirement is to have a simple html page, you can convert from markdown to html either using an editor on your computer or online. Then you can use a simple web server, or use express or even let nginx serve static files.

If Ghost does not support this, what is it I could solve at the DNS level?
Sorry, I’m new to the whole managing a website thing

At the DNS level, you could block all pages but this one. But you are right, this is “advance” stuff.

The solution from @kose_mark make more sense :slight_smile: DM me if you want help with this.