Third party Single Sign On (SSO)

@Kevin - so is there a closed source version of Ghost with OAuth?

I think this is where a lot of confusion is coming from. This would indicate that there is a closed source version of Ghost with OAuth2:

1 Like

so is there a closed source version of Ghost with OAuth?

No, there isnā€™t as stated in my reply that you quoted.

This would indicate that there is a closed source version of Ghost with OAuth2:

No, it wouldnā€™t. I explained this earlier:

Thereā€™s a long (and constantly shifting) pipeline of potential feature work, OAuth is certainly tracked there along with everything else. All of the information about OAuth availability is here in this thread and will be added to any time thereā€™s information to share. Thereā€™s no need to spam the forum with repeated questions trying to get different answers than the ones that have already been given.

4 Likes

Wow this is one of the most voted but not planned feature on Ghost. Any plans to get this in Ghost 4.0 ?

1 Like

This is a pretty critical feature. Iā€™d love to see auth enabled for at least the major SSO providers, google, twitter, facebook, githubā€¦

Personally I really would love to see google and allow auto mapping to particular roles for SSO users.

2 Likes

has anyone explored this path for getting SSO to work?

4 Likes

Would love to see this. Would reduce a lot of issues I have with losing readers via the double opt-in.

2 Likes

Yes please, the One Tap Google Sign in would be neat for our users experience. Having to go through the email verification process sucks. ą¤–ą¤¾ą¤ø ą¤œą¤¾ą¤Øą¤•ą¤¾ą¤°ą„€ Ā |Ā  Authentication Ā |Ā  Google Developers

1 Like

We really need this, does anybody have progress on that?

Feel free to check out my product, GoPilot, that allows you to use Google and other social sign in providers to login to self-hosted Ghost.
(Admin, please remove my post if you think itā€™s not appropriate)

4 Likes

Already 5. But nope. Ghost current implementation is not that great, always need to sign in and click link in email.

2 Likes

Any news on SSO? I would like it very much

2 Likes

Two months late on the reply, but yes, Iā€™ve built it! The coolest thing I did this week - Social Sign On for Ghost

3 Likes

This would be great for signing on members from Ghost memberships onto Discourse forum.

A bit of a self-plug, but I built Discourse on Ghost for this, hereā€™s the announcement post:

2 Likes