Twitter card issue

Has anyone had any issues where their Ghost blog’s twitter card, either for the home page or for a post unfurls for some Twitter accounts, but not for others? For the life of me I cannot figure this out.

I believe I have everything correctly set up for the meta data and social cards in my Ghost settings (in the sense that the preview looks great. I also ran the URL to my homepage in the Twitter card validator and it returns the desired result:

However, when I try to post the link from my account, it only posts the URL, without the card:
Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 8.47.37 PM

Curiously, if I post the same URL from another account, the card DOES work:
Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 9.38.38 PM

For the life of me, I cannot figure WTF is going on… If I tweet a link to one of my blog posts from my own account, those Twitter cards DO work… very strange…

I have no idea why this would be happening, but I can assure you it’s nothing to do with Ghost.

hello,

did you ever find the reason for this issue? it’s happening to me too! just like you said, the card works and is valid, except when i post a link from my account. a secondary account works, but not the one linked with ghost

Hi Cypress_Rouge. No, I never figured out why this was happening. It seems to be on the Twitter side, but I really have not had any extra time to work on my site or this issue over the last 2 months… If you figure out why, please do share!

1 Like

I haven’t had THIS issue: my cards don’t seem to work at all, period.

https://forum.ghost.org/t/twitter-card-not-working-card-validator-returns-an-error-when-trying-to-pull-it-through/26336