Unable to resend failed newsletter

I solved the newsletter issue in this thread:

Now I can send the newsletter correctly.

But, if I try to send the previously failed newsletter, I get the same error, I can’t send it:

Is there a way to send it or reset it as if I had never tried to send it?

Is the message in the logs the same when trying a resend?

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
in the error file there is nothing, in the production file I find this:

{
  "name": "Log",
  "hostname": "domain",
  "pid": 20944,
  "level": 40,
  "err": {
    "id": "8f489040-17bc-11eb-acf7-e5b9e60f0ed3",
    "domain": "https://domain.it",
    "code": "BULK_EMAIL_SEND_FAILED",
    "name": "EmailError",
    "statusCode": 500,
    "level": "normal",
    "message": "The server has encountered an error.",
    "context": "\"The email service was unable to send an email batch.\"",
    "stack": "EmailError: The server has encountered an error.\n    at EmailError.GhostError (/var/www/ghost/versions/3.35.5/node_modules/@tryghost/errors/lib/errors.js:10:26)\n    at new EmailError (/var/www/ghost/versions/3.35.5/node_modules/@tryghost/errors/lib/errors.js:34:20)\n    at mailgunProvider.send.then.catch (/var/www/ghost/versions/3.35.5/core/server/services/bulk-email/index.js:236:30)\n    at tryCatcher (/var/www/ghost/versions/3.35.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/util.js:16:23)\n    at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (/var/www/ghost/versions/3.35.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:547:31)\n    at Promise._settlePromise (/var/www/ghost/versions/3.35.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:604:18)\n    at Promise._settlePromise0 (/var/www/ghost/versions/3.35.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:649:10)\n    at Promise._settlePromises (/var/www/ghost/versions/3.35.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:725:18)\n    at _drainQueueStep (/var/www/ghost/versions/3.35.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:93:12)\n    at _drainQueue (/var/www/ghost/versions/3.35.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:86:9)\n    at Async._drainQueues (/var/www/ghost/versions/3.35.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:102:5)\n    at Immediate.Async.drainQueues [as _onImmediate] (/var/www/ghost/versions/3.35.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:15:14)\n    at runCallback (timers.js:705:18)\n    at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:676:5)\n    at processImmediate (timers.js:658:5)\n    at process.topLevelDomainCallback (domain.js:126:23)\n\nError: 'from' parameter is not a valid address. please check documentation\n    at IncomingMessage.res.on (/var/www/ghost/versions/3.35.5/node_modules/mailgun-js/lib/request.js:327:17)\n    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:203:15)\n    at IncomingMessage.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:448:20)\n    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1145:12)\n    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)"
  },
  "msg": "The server has encountered an error.",
  "time": "2020-10-26T18:53:39.014Z",
  "v": 0
}

I send new newsletters without problems

Looks like a bug. The code is expecting the “from” address to be stored in the email table but because the email was created before that was implemented it’s not available.

sounds correct, any tests or solutions I can try? otherwise I wait for the fix