⚠ Update ACME Let's Encrypt SSL Client

Thanks for the continued help Kenny. I’m glad to hear installing via sudo (plus --force) hasn’t broken my site.

I posted here in the forums with my preexisting setup in case any of that flags. The tl;dr is I believe my certificates are in fact renewed in /etc/letsencrypt but the myriad browsers I’ve tried the site in claim otherwise. They seem to be opening the older, expired cert.

I’ve done a manual renew and my cert seems to be renewed well into Oct.

The three commands I’ve tried are:

• sudo "/etc/letsencrypt"/acme.sh --cron --home "/etc/letsencrypt" > /dev/null . There’s no output here so I believe this has done nothing.
  • :/etc/letsencrypt$ acme.sh --cron outputs /etc/letsencrypt/acme.sh: line 264: /etc/letsencrypt/acme.sh.log: Permission denied (repeated a bunch) THEN →
[Tue Aug 10 09:51:55 UTC 2021] Skip, Next renewal time is: Mon Oct  4 10:03:46 UTC 2021
/etc/letsencrypt/acme.sh: line 264: /etc/letsencrypt/acme.sh.log: Permission denied
[Tue Aug 10 09:51:55 UTC 2021] Add '--force' to force to renew.
[Tue Aug 10 09:51:55 UTC 2021] ===End cron===

(I’ve cut a bunchof permission denied lines.)

• Then running the above with --force yields
 [Tue Aug 10 09:52:09 UTC 2021] Only RSA or EC key is supported. keyfile=/etc/letsencrypt/ca/acme-v02.api.letsencryp
t.org/directory/account.key
cat: /etc/letsencrypt/ca/acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory/account.key: Permission denied
/etc/letsencrypt/acme.sh: line 264: /etc/letsencrypt/acme.sh.log: Permission denied
[Tue Aug 10 09:52:09 UTC 2021] Please check log file for more details: /etc/letsencrypt/acme.sh.log
[Tue Aug 10 09:52:09 UTC 2021] Error renew example.com.
  • And then lastly, /etc/letsencrypt$ sudo su acme.sh --cron --force yields
    su: unrecognized option '--cron'

I hope the above isn’t just word soup. And really appreciate any and all help!