Update ghost cms in google cloud use bitnam. now i face error?

When update ghost cms in google cloud by bitnami. I face an error. look like. plz tell me

bitnami@officialrajjdeepsinghblog-vm:/home/radewala_2/apps/ghost/htdocs$ ghost update
    ✔ Checking system Node.js version
    ℹ Ensuring user is not logged in as ghost user [skipped]
    ℹ Checking if logged in user is directory owner [skipped]
    ✔ Checking current folder permissions
    ✔ Checking memory availability
    ✔ Checking free space
    ✔ Checking for available migrations
    ✖ Checking for latest Ghost version
    A CliError occurred.
    Message: Unable to update Ghost directly to v4.2.0. You must be on the latest v3.x to update across major versions.
    Help: Run "ghost update v3" to get the latest v3.x version, then run "ghost update" to get to v4.
    Debug Information:
    Node Version: v12.19.0
    Ghost Version: 3.40.2
    Ghost-CLI Version: 1.16.3
    Environment: production
    Command: 'ghost update'
    Additional log info available in: /home/bitnami/.ghost/logs/ghost-cli-debug-2021-04-11T08_49_03_257Z.log
    Try running ghost doctor to check your system for known issues.
    You can always refer to https://ghost.org/docs/ghost-cli/ for troubleshooting.

" You must be on the latest v3.x to update across major versions.
Run “ghost update v3” to get the latest v3.x version, then run “ghost update” to get to v4. "

Yes, this is exactly what you need to do to update to Ghost Version 4… it is telling you…

… otherwise I’m not sure what you’re asking … this is what it says for everyone …

1 Like

when start updates my ghost cms help with the ghost update command then I face this error.
my ghost cms version is 3.40. now I’m trying to download the latest ghost CMS version.

The latest 3.x version is 3.42.4, you need to be on that version before you can upgrade to the latest 4.x version.

The error is explaining you need to run ghost update v3 before ghost update. If you’re unable to run ghost update v3 please share the error message you are seeing when you run it.

1 Like

thanks, @Kevin this command work for me ghost update v3