Upgraded to latest ghost, now wont start, produces error log

If you’re looking for some help, it’s important to provide as much context as possible so that people are able to assist you. Try to always mention:

• What’s your URL? https://wyliebayes.com (but not working cause ghost wont start)
  • What version of Ghost are you using? 2.8.0
  • What configuration? not sure what this is asking
  • What browser? doesn’t matter, ghost wont start
  • What errors or information do you see in the console?
    Ghost will not start, points to a log file that contains:
    Debug Information:
    Node Version: v8.12.0
    Ghost-CLI Version: 1.9.8
    Command: ‘ghost start’
    Stack: Error: Ghost process excited with code: 0
    at ChildProcess.cp.on (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/lib/utils/local-process.js:56:24)
    at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:214:7)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:198:12)

Any help resolving this error and getting my website back online would be super appreciated.

I do not know what is the exact issue here. But probably you can rollback the changes to get your site back online.

Then install a local copy of a site backup and try to upgrade the Ghost to the latest version on that before you do it on the live server.

Rollback command
ghost update --rollback

or consider a force update (I do not recommend)
ghost update --force

Docs: https://docs.ghost.org/api/ghost-cli/update/

BTW, I came here to check if someone’s having issues after updating the ghost to 2.8.0. Before performing the update command on my server. :sweat_smile:

Updated to Ghost 2.8 get Url error

Ghost Config:

{
“url”: “http://wyliebayes.com/”,
“server”: {
“port”: 2369,
“host”: “127.0.0.1”
},
“database”: {
“client”: “sqlite3”,
“connection”: {
“filename”: “/var/www/ghost/blog/content/data/ghost-local.db”
}
},
“mail”: {
“transport”: “Direct”
},
“logging”: {
“transports”: [
“file”,
“stdout”
]
},
“process”: “local”,
“paths”: {
“contentPath”: “/var/www/ghost/blog/content”
}
}

LOL. well glad i could help. I also have a pretty unique server env so not sure if the same would affect you. Thanks for the suggestion,

i tried a rollback but now am getting:
It appears sqlite3 did not install properly when Ghost-CLI was installed. You can either uninstall and reinstall Ghost-CLI, or switch to MySQL.

I uninstalled / reinstall ghost-cli but it doesn’t not help, same problem on start and rollback.

Wow… The “ghost update --force” worked!!! thanks truekasun!!!

Glad it helped. :slightly_smiling_face: BTW, Everything’s working like a charm for me.

I’m having the same error message updating from 2.2 to 2.80. It’s a bug or can be solved upgrading to Node 8?

Regards

So when I initially experienced the problem i was still on Node 6.x, so i upgraded to node 8.12, but it did not resolve the issue. Only applying the --force flag on “ghost update” command resolved it.

I did it like you and it’s working now.
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.