Using embeddable signup form on own site

Is there any reason it is a bad idea to use the embeddable signup form on your own Ghost site, opposed to elsewhere? The embeddable form is more minimal than the built-in sign-up card, but I’m having weird spam flagging issues blocking new signups, and I’m wondering if it’s that I’m using that form on my Ghost site.

Anyone?

1 Like

Problems with spam flagging are probably not related to which form you’re using. Are you self hosting? How do you have your transactional email set up?

@Cathy_Sarisky Sorry, I meant spam flagging in the sense that new member signups are being blocked regularly for too many signin attempts. I’m wondering if it’s an interaction between the external embeddable form and Ghost’s anti-spam login parameters. I can make the problem go away by raising freeretries setting in config json, and people can sign up again.

Ah. Sorry, I misunderstood your question! :)

No problem. Anyway, I’m wondering if that’s somehow the issue. When I check the logs when this happens, it’s always that new signins are being halted temporarily for too many login attempts.

Anyway, I’ll do the obvious thing and trying moving back to a normal form and stop using the embedded form on my site.

Worth a try - please report back! :)

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution yet?