What would an automatic digest be worth?

Hello @Cathy_Sarisky, sorry for the delayed reply.

Yes, this is something I’d potentially be interested in, particularly what you mentioned in your update in regards to users being able to pick specific tags for a combined newsletter.

First off, this would be for a site that’s yet to launch, so it’d be starting off with zero subscribers and then increasing to who knows how many.

Secondly, this functionality would be for a Ghost site aggregating several other Ghost sites, new posts from each aggregated site getting dropped into specified categories on the aggregating site and thus assigned the relevant/associated tag.

Ideally the workflow for this automated digest would be for subscribers to choose which categories they’d like included in their personalised weekly newsletter by choosing from a selection of newsletters in Portal. I’m not sure if Ghost’s API would allow for newsletter subscriptions to be accessed and “hijacked” in this manner though. If not then I suppose a dedicated page would suffice.

I understand that the extra step of allowing users to select specific tags for a combined newsletter would unfortunately entail a separate integration with Mailgun or similar. Unfortunate, but so be it. My only issue is that design-wise, I think it’d be nice if the email could be laid out similarly to how I described it in that Idea post that you posted a message to, where each category has its own section in the email and then posts are displayed as nice looking bookmark cards. But if this would have to work independent from Ghost, well, would you be able to “borrow” Ghost’s bookmark card-creating functionality to include links/posts in this way?

Oh, and I’d be willing to pay the going rate for this, whatever that would be. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes