I’m looking for some feedback on what the best search experience for Ghost looks like to you and what features you’d like to see in a search solution.
Last year I was adding search to a large, popular Ghost site that I provide software engineering services to and we hit limitations with the available search solutions.
We ended up building our own and the result was a very easy to integrate, nice search experience designed for Ghost.
It has been smoothly handling a lot of production traffic, so it’s battle-tested and has been refined over time to include many nice features. I’ve launched it as a service anyone can use.
Here’s what it looks like in action:
It handles and provides many specific things we wanted, including some that are missing from Ghost Native Search and Algolia:
- includes everything you need (UI, ingestion pipeline, fully-managed search engine instance)
- easy set up (no coding required)
- instant results / as you type search
- typo tolerant
- handles synonyms
- full-text search including post and page bodies (and meta, tags, author details, etc.)
- unlimited post and page capacity
- search term result highlighting
- sort results by featured
- scalable, high performance managed search engine
- And a lot more here.
What features would you like to see? Can you tell me about what the best search experience for your users looks like?
There’s also a very short survey here if you’d prefer to share your thoughts that way.
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.