9th Image Missing from 'Image Gallery' Block Upon Preview and Publish

Issue Summary
When adding the maximum of 9 images to the ‘Image Gallery’ block, the 9th image is unexpectedly removed upon either ‘Previewing’ or ‘Publishing’ the post.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Open a new post or edit an existing one.
  2. Insert an ‘Image Gallery’ block within the post.
  3. Add nine images to the block by bulk-dragging them from your local file repository on your Mac or a similar device.
  4. Observe that in the post’s ‘Editor’ view, all 9 images appear within the ‘Image Gallery’ block.
  5. Click on the ‘Preview’ button to preview the post.
  6. Verify that only the first 8 images are displayed in the preview, while the 9th image is absent.
  7. Publish the post and observe that the published gallery also displays only 8 of the 9 images, despite all 9 being visible in the ‘Editor’ view.

Setup information

Ghost Version
Ghost (Pro)

Node.js Version
N/A

How did you install Ghost?
N/A

Provide details of your host & operating system
N/A

Database type
N/A

Browser & OS version
MacOS Ventura 13.5.1 / Chrome 116.0.5845.140 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Relevant log / error output
N/A

Hi Joe,

1. Check image size and format
  2. Save post, and then go preview post in new window
  3. Hit hard refresh (CTRL + SHIFT + F5)

Cheers for the prompt reply.

While I appreciate the assistance, I’m not convinced that the issue lies with image size or format, unless there’s a maximum limit for the collective file size of images in Ghost’s “Image Gallery” block that I am not privvy to?

I’ve made numerous image galleries in past posts, each containing 9 images of similar size both in resolution and file size, without any problems. The issue seems to have cropped up only recently, possibly since Friday or Saturday. All of my images are in WEBP format, and the heaviest among them is roughly 750KB at most. The rest usually fall between 100 and 300KB, with none exceeding 1MB.

For the sake of completeness, I should also mention that I have multiple ‘Image Gallery’ blocks in the post. However, this shouldn’t inherently cause any problems. I’ve incorporated several blocks of this kind in numerous previous posts without encountering the issue I’ve described above.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.