A better login mechanism needed

Does anyone have a different login mechanism than the “send a login link” approach? This is clumsy and slow and I’d be really interested in any solutions that allow members to login without going through this friction. Thanks, Rick

3 Likes

Looking for the same thing here…

Looking for the same thing here…

This still doesn’t exist built into Ghost.

If you’re going to email your members, you really do need to have them confirm their addresses before sending them anything. That need makes send-magic-link make sense for a wide variety of sites.

I agree, there’s more friction on ‘send magic link’ than sign in with Google/FB/whatever. The good news is that your users need to do it only once every six months (per device or browser), because they get a cookie that logs them in.

I believe that would be possible to build an external service that provides social sign-in for Ghost. I’ve had a couple clients interested, but no one has committed… yet.

1 Like

Is there an alternative for users to register as editors or contributors?

Update: So I built it… The coolest thing I did this week - Social Sign On for Ghost

2 Likes

For those getting this far on this topic really should visit @Cathy_Sarisky ‘s link. It’s excellent :ok_hand:

2 Likes