Can ı turn off secure "sign-in link" email from?

I send a welcome mail to new subscribers.
Also, Ghost sends a sign-in email. This is confusing.
How ı can turn-off or customize this “sign-in link” email?

The Members feature in Ghost uses an email-based, passwordless system for sign up and logging in, so these emails are very much required. This method provides a lot of benefits including security, spam protection, user privacy and reduced support burden from lost passwords.

New members must click the link in their email to confirm their subscription, and returning members who are logging in must use the link in their email to gain access.

If the flow being confusing is your main concern, then you can use a welcome page instead. This is where new subscribers will be redirected once they click the confirmation link. Read more about setting up a welcome page here: Using welcome pages for member onboarding

Sorry I know this is an old but but I am a new member and just discovering this. This workflow is really not good. Why force users OFF platform to check their email to sign in? Every functional website in the world offers the ability to set a password and login with user/pass. Why is Ghost forcing this extra set of steps on users?

Because Ghost can send email newsletters, email opt in is super important. You don’t want to have someone make a typo (or maliciously enter another user’s email) and then you’re emailing someone who didn’t sign up, who reports your messages as spam. That’s super bad for email deliverability, and can cause the users who DID sign up to not receive your message either.

Having said that, if sign-in with Google/GitHub/LinkedIn/Amazon would meet your need to keep users on the platform, I offer that (currently in beta), and you can read about it here: Social sign-on for Ghost - in that case, we’re trusting the other platform has already validated the user’s email, so we don’t need to.

(Sorry mods for the self promotion.)

1 Like

Oh I didn’t know you were doing an SSO beta! That’s amazing!

2 Likes