Summary: When I add a “data-members-label” field to a form, I expect the member to be assigned the submitted label. Instead, the label is added to the dropdown list of available labels in the Members area of the Ghost dashboard, but the member is not actually assigned the label.
URL: The site is currently private so I cannot provide a URL at this time.
Ghost version: 4.1.2
How was Ghost installed and configured? Hosted version.
What Node version, database, OS & browser are you using? Whatever the hosted version is using.
What errors or information do you see in the console? None.
What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having?
- Add a form to a frontend template and include a “label” field. Something like:
<input data-members-label type='checkbox' value='mylabel'>
<!-- Or: <input data-members-label type='hidden' value='mylabel'> -->
<input type='email' name='email'>
- As a logged-out user (i.e. in an incognito window), click the checkbox and add a valid email address. Submit the form.
- Click the link in the activation email you receive at the email address from #2.
- Go to the members area of the Ghost dashboard (/ghost/#/members) and select the newly-created member.
- Observe the “Labels” field. Expected result: the label “mylabel” should be present. Observed result: no labels are present; the label “mylabel” is, however, available as an option in the dropdown.
What do I need to change to get the label to be correctly assigned to the new member?