Are custom cards coming in Ghost 4.0?

Are custom cards coming in 4.0? Would love to create my own cards.

1 Like

Ghost does not support custom cards and there is no indication that its coming soon. That’s why I have built gaspr.io. Once you connect your blog you can create custom templates and reuse them in posts and pages. You can also make your templates dynamic with custom fields.

Try it out and let me know if you need help

1 Like

Honestly I’d rather try to get something like a react component working with ghost than going to two different interfaces in order to get cards to work. That seems overly engineered for what it gives you.

That being said, i’m glad you have a solution for those that want to use it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @csgeek thanks for your insight! The reason why the react approach is not optimal IMO is because it doesn’t help with SEO. I’m not an SEO expert but I’m pretty sure the search engine doesn’t run JavaScript when scraping pages. I try to solve this by updating the page’s content directly which is easier for the search engine to scrape

Personally I think that’d be ideal, SEO still works with JavaScript it’s just slower at indexing dynamic content. Having the ability to drop in components would be great. If there was a built in solution that would be nice from ghost but honestly don’t see how they could make that generic enough to support all use cases.

1 Like